General Position Summary
This position is responsible for negotiating vendor terms, prices and schedules delivery using knowledge of budget and schedule requirement.
Essential Job Functions.
- Leads all aspects of quotation process, calling upon others to assist in solution development, pricing management, and cost recovery, as needed, or as directed by management.
- Ensure internal targets are met for quality and delivery.
- Develops working level relationships with key supplier contacts.
- Primary contact for supplier commercial or performance related items.
- Coordinates requests for surveys, meeting, or miscellaneous items.
- Administers current accounts and keep them up to date.
- Communicates with multiple departments to allocate and understand costs associated with current or new business.
- Evaluates cost and fixes strategy to recover to meet targets.
- Performs project pricing analysis and generates necessary reports.
- Anticipates new opportunities early and proactively works to address them with supply chain.
- Balances profit and time priorities to close open items accordingly.
- Supports other purchasing activities as requested by management.
- Performs frequent communication with overseas office via e-mail, phone, or video conferencing.
Account Specific Details.
- Negotiates Annual Price Reduction per strategy set by management.
- Mange quotation process for assigned purchasing desk.
- Evaluates quotations and negotiates pricing (with management approval)within timing defined project by project.
- Issue Letter of Internet and confirm PPP with timing defined project by project.
- Control PO requisitions to plans for any new price or any price update.
- Support plats with quality/ delivery/ invoicing issues with suppliers.
- Liaison with plants for any issues pertaining to purchasing activity.
- Complete Conflict Material. MBE/QWBE, and other reporting activities as required.
- Support material sourcing activity to meet timing defined project by project.
- Support material trial order management.
Other and Miscellaneous
- Makes efforts to gain product knowledge and familiarization with the product market.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Reports to work daily based on company schedule and complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Follows up to compete any assigned work.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, staff members, and outside contacts.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Analysis- Critically and carefully examines facts or data to develop a hypothesis and theory. Undertakes course of action to verify or disprove assumptions.Identifies causes of problems, secure relevant information, and recommends solutions. Conducts research and analysis to determine whether a concept or plan can effectively be put into actions.
- Math Skills- Ability to productively work with numbers and accurately perform arithmetical, algebraic or geometric calculations as needed.
- Negotiation- Able to identify and make trade-offs and concessions while also achieving personal, department, or company goals.
- Product Knowledge- Maintain and up-to-date knowledge of company's products and/or service.
- Technical Communication- Able to communicate (reading., writing, speaking) by using the specialized vocabulary, terminology and concepts.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Minimum of 2 years of purchasing related experience or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned.