Sales Administration (65%)
- Meets with prospective customers to discuss their needs, and explains how their needs could be met by specific company products offered.
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting relationship with key persons in assigned customer accounts.
- Prepares presentations and proposals which include the company strategy and benefits to customers.
- Communicates and follows up with customers for new businesses or model change opportunities.
- Understands market price level and creates pricing strategy based on the available knowledge.
- Presents new product pricing strategy internally for approval, and presents the results to customers.
- Follows up (by phone or visit) on customers’ R&D situation through customer contact and/or the company sales persons in other global regions.
- Leads the engineering department in technical presentations to the assigned customers.
- Leads all new development projects as the main contact between the customer and the necessary departments within the company by creating project schedules and action plans based on customer’s demands and expectations, and follows up with customers and the necessary departments to confirm project completion.
- Communicates and coordinates product design and production method changes between customers and plants.
- Negotiates price changes with customers, creates strategy and proposes internally.
- Coordinates all other inquiries or requests between the customer and the appropriate parties in the company,
Business Planning and Marketing (20%)
- Acquires and maintains long-term forecasts from the customer and relays the latest information to other sales offices and production facilities as needed.
- Reviews actual sales results and forecasts each month internally and with the production facilities and explains the reasons for any major changes.
- Makes a yearly sales strategy, price change and budget plan for each assigned customer using the customers’ forecast, projected demands and needs with an automotive market analysis.
- Achieves planned budget for assigned customers.
Sales Administration (10%)
- Acts as the lead for all communication and needs from the assigned customer, then confers with management and the appropriate internal parties to respond quickly.
- Follows up with customers and vendors on sample orders or unusual orders / forecasts and delivery.
- Reviews COGS monthly and reports unusual situations and proposals for improvement.
- Contacts customers to follow up on late or unusual payments.
- Understands the process for new or changed parts and pricing, then implements in the accounting and EDI system.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) ( 5%)
- Makes any necessary changes in the system for the customers and coordinates changes with warehouses or production facilities.
- Understands the essential requirements for the effective working of the EDI program.
Other & Miscellaneous
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Follows up to complete any assigned work.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
- Maintains good communication with management, staff members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Reports to work daily (M-F) based on company schedule and complies with all company policies and
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
Communication Proficiency, Math Skills-Basic, Computer Skills-Basic
- Analysis – Critically and carefully examines facts or data to develop a hypothesis or theory. Undertakes course of action to verify or disprove assumptions. Identifies causes of problems, secures relevant information, and recommends solutions. Conducts research and analysis to determine whether a concept or plan can effectively be put into action.
- Math Skills – Ability to productively work with numbers and accurately perform arithmetical, algebraic or geometric calculations as needed.
- Negotiation – Able to identify and make trade-offs and concessions while also achieving personal, department, or company goals.
- Presentation – Effective expression of information, ideas and concepts formally to group of people. Uses supporting media appropriately.
- Product Knowledge – Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of company’s products and/or services.
- Technical Communication – Able to communicate (reading, writing, speaking) by using the specialized vocabulary, terminology and concepts.
- Language skills – Able to read, write and speak Japanese proficiently. Native level of English and business level of Japanese.