Business Development Specialist/Manager?
Japanese Electronic Components maker is looking for an energetic and focused Business Development Specialist/Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL. TheBusiness Development Specialist/Manager captures the application trends timely in the targeted industry segments, and sets up a “Hypothesis” to deliver new value proposition to the customer base. In this process, this role initiates “Trial and Error” testing with the FAE (Field application engineer) to prove our “Hypotheses” will generate the value to customers.
Responsibilities includes identification of business model by understanding customer’s vison and future plans to align and deliver the value of our technologies and solutions to their business needs to allow new technologies to be promoted into new applications/markets.
- Provide comprehensive insights on applications in the targeted industry segments such as Automation, Mobility, Healthcare, Energy and New-Trendsetting
- Gather market intelligence on industry, customers and competitors, define the growing application, and identify the total market potential, TAM/SAM analysis, industry market segmentation, completive analysis, establishing and nourishing key partners.
- Capture future business trend and product needs, clarify the required specification within our core platform products (Pivot tactics), and execute the new product development locally for America’s region
- Work collaboratively with Business creator, Product marketing, FAE, Product engineers, Central Marketing, Business Unit as well as sales team to identify and develop opportunities for new products and market
- Represent company in a professional, ethical, and socially responsible manner
- Represents the Company Principles through personal and business interactions with employees, customers, distributors, and colleagues.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing acceptable.
- Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years in application development / vertical industry marketing (or equivalent) specifically with electromechanical components and proven history of consistent sales and market-share growth.
- Japanese proficiency is big-plus.
- Must have excellent technical application and product knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with strong project management skills.
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good communication and excellent presentation skills, business acumen in front of customers.
- Able to develop and execute strategic plan with marketing tools and tactics.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of new product development.
- Both Innovative/creative and analytical skill is required in the fast paced environment.
- Able to walk trade shows, stand at trade show booth, help set up trade show booths, carry product, literature and sample containers up to 35 lbs.
- Energetic, assertive, focused and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Strong relationship builder and a strong personal desire to win.
- Team player mentality but able to work independently as required.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%). Domestic travel and occasional international travel. Weekend and/or extended hours may be necessary.
For over 80 years, We have been a leading manufacturer and provider of advanced electronic components. Extensive product groups include relays, switches, connectors, MEMS flow sensors, pressure sensors, and optical components. We are the Americas subsidiary of Global Corporation, a $7 billion global leading supplier of electronics and control system components and services. Omron's broad product offering can be found in applications for the communications, transportation, medical, HVAC, appliance, industrial automation, consumer electronics, test and measurement, and gaming markets around the world. We have an extensive sales network consisting of regional sales professionals, inside sales representatives, technical sales assistants, customer service staff, and an authorized distributor network.
Our corporate core value of “working for the benefit of society” applies to our unique technical competencies in the areas of industrial automation, safety, security, environmental protection and healthcare in pursuit of a brighter future for all. As a corporate citizen that has long recognized and encouraged the importance of giving back to local communities and helping those less fortunate, we have demonstrated this over the years by designing a manufacturing facility which employs the disabled, making donations to aide those impacted by natural disasters, and sponsoring an annual Company Day in which employees volunteer in the local communities across the globe.
Our Commitment to Employees:
- Company Culture defined as a fast paced, multi-tasking, team focused, empowerment of employees, creative, innovative and open communication type organization.
- Training and Career Development Program to give employees a learning path with the necessary tools and resources they need to help build their career at our company.
- Great financial opportunities with competitive compensation, immediate 401k match with 100% vesting, profit sharing, and Blue Cross Blue Shield for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits.
- Community Awareness that includes activities with local non-profit organizations and a Matching Gift Program.
- Work-Life Balance with Flexible Work Arrangements, Flexible Work Hours, and Sick/Vacation/Holiday Pay.
- Wellness Activities such as Walking Contests, Nutritional Learning Sessions, On Site Flu Shots and Health Screenings.