Japanese major Logistics Company in Des Plaines is looking for candidates for Data Entry position.
Position Description / Summary
Reporting responsibilities and job scope:
Entry level Export job reporting to Team Leader or above. Responsible for assisting in the preparation and distribution of import documents according to instructions from the direct supervisor (Team Leader or above). Ensure accuracy and compliance to instructions.
- Open Export files on AS400 and data entry
- Preparation of export shipments and distribution of Export Documents 75%
- General business support function as assigned 25%
Detailed Job description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare export shipments for assigned customers. This may include shipping, labeling, and distribution of cargo. Generate delivery orders and shipping labels as needed.
- Prepare export documents for distribution
- Coordinate pick up and delivery orders with trucking companies, airlines, steamship line and/or bonded facilities in order to obtain necessary information in order to process shipments in the best way.
- Filing and data entry.
- Assist in collecting unpaid invoices within credit term.
- Behavioral Descriptors
- Good teamwork skills and inclination
- Good basic communications skill
- Patience – ability to deal with complex processes that may involve multiple levels of approval
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant or relevant or appropriate working experience.
- Some computer skills including data entry and maintenance and working
- Some knowledge of general and Import/Export Computer application technology desirable
- Some knowledge of international commerce (sales and payment term, method, customs regulations etc.) desirable
- Good verbal and written communication Skill
This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit in a desk environment for extended periods
- Ability to file and lift document boxes up to 50 lbs.