Full-Time? Non-Exempt Position: Accounting Associate, Credit Analyst
This position will oversee the entire credit granting process, including the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers.? The responsibilities and routine tasks for this role will focus on optimizing the mix of the company?s sales and bad debt losses.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- One or more years of relevant experience in credit and collections role
- Familiarity with credit reporting agencies (D&B, Equifax, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong computer skills and data entry experience
- Proficient in utilizing and creating Excel spreadsheets
- Solid time management skills; ability to organize and manage multiple priorities at a high level
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality of any business and customer related information.
- Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Experience working in fast paced environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this position.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly sit and use hands to finger, handle, or tough objects, tools or controls.?
- Frequently talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.?
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, usually waist high, up to 50 feet away.
- Required to use close vision, most often of a computer screen, with the ability to adjust focus.
- Manage the policy related to the credit and customer set up process.
- Manage the distribution of customer statements for A/R Collections
- Monitor active sales orders and appropriately deal with those assigned as on-hold status
- Make credit decisions within assigned authority
- Plan and organize activities of credit / customer set up team to ensure file reviews are completed timely / accurately
- Interface with sales organization to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
- Negotiate documentation and payment terms with customers to ensure transactions are properly secured
- Develop management reporting about current credit situation
- Assist the A/P and A/R functions as needed
- Support the Accounting Manager on other departmental tasks and review when necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Temperature in the work environment is usually within the range of 60 to 75 degrees.?