Develops new prospects and interacts with existing Japanese transplant customers to increase sales of the organization's products. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Travel is expected.
1. Secures orders from existing and potential customers by means of visiting the customer facility or contacting by phone.
2. Secures opportunities to quote on customer requirements.
3. Follows up (by phone or visit) on quotations submitted to customers.
4. Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel (purchasing, engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, management, other key personnel).
5. Submits weekly activity/call reports concerning customer-related activities for quotes, orders, and problems concerning customer/vendor relationships.
6. Performs all assigned duties in the assigned sales territory.
7. Provides lost business reports on a weekly basis.
8. Provides a territory sales forecast on a monthly basis.
1. Bachelors Degree and three years experience in cutting tool sales industry
2. Outside sales experience a plus
3. Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized
4.Willingness to travel and ability to drive company automobile
5. Bilingual in English and Japanese